Monday, December 15, 2008

NaNo/Writing

I am very bad at updating my blog, though I keep up with my LJ fairly well. It might have something to do with the fact that I don't have many people who read this blog, so why bother? Though, there are good reasons for it...

Anyway, the point of this was to mention that I won NaNoWriMo this year! Yes, I finished a novel of 50,225 words (I think that's what it was, anyway) ... and in the next couple of months, I will be revising My Imaginary before putting it to the mercy of my wonderful test-readers. Then, after more revisions, it will be ready to move on to the next big step!!!

But in the meantime, I will continue my work on Hailey's Pearl. It's just over 10,000 words so far, and I estimate that it will end up being 50 or 60,000 in the end, but I'll have to see how I'll get there. Once HP is ready for the revision process, I'll start on my Frog Prince story, which HAS to be finished (at least draft one) by December of 09 in order to beat Disney's version. I don't think that there will be a problem (though I doubt it'll get to be published as a result???), but just to be sure that I have proof that I didn't copy...! Yeah.

Ahem, yes. So Hailey's Pearl, then Spellbreaker (for this is the secret name of the book - oo!), and for NaNo next year, I have an idea, but no title... not even a working one. But it will be written and dedicated to my hubby, Aaron.

Speaking of which, he and I are going to be working on our joint-written middle-grade novel some time soon as well, though he has to go through his own revision from his NaNo-winning novel, Enforcer, first. Darn the luck! But at least we're not the only ones in the boat - - Crystal and Eric both won with their novels (Fire Cougar and whatever Eric's is called), so we'll likely be holding more write-a-thons and book-groups in addition to our standard, weekly writing group meetings. :)

Crystal and I also need to get together to write our joint-novel, but we have other projects to focus on first. Hmmm....

I do not think that I will be able to afford going to the writing conference this summer at BYU, because it is quite expensive and I am not-so-rich at the moment, especially with Aaron and I trying to get into a house. But you never know what will happen.

That's what makes life so great, isn't it?

No comments: