Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hailey's Pearl - Progress

I started writing the novel this week on Brandon Sanderson's suggestion. The Tailor will be worked on later, which is hard, but for the best. I just started Hailey's Pearl on Thursday and I'm already up to 2,830 words. I don't know what will happen, but it's exciting and fun to write. My goal is to get all the way through without revising anything, and then I'll go back once the first draft is completely done. So far, so good.

I have a bunch of sketches from writing conference that I'll post along with some tidbits about the characters, maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Funny thing is, I know what the Pearl in the title refers to on a metaphorical level, but I haven't figured out what role it will play in the story, if any. I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

Rebecca J. Carlson said...

Hooray! Isn't it fun to start a new book? I'm excited for you, too.